Anila Kitteon

Anila Kitteon
Sniff the Daffs

Thursday 8 September 2016

Designing & Developing... Inside & Out.

Today I got my third tattoo... however I covered up my first so I actually only have two in total. Although today's was a few pictures pieced together, around my right ankle.

My first two tattoos were small-ish however today I was being 'inked' for three hours, following a 2.5hr discussing/designing session). The tattooist (who also did my second tattoo for me last September - a bee <3) and I chatted away as I felt the familiar sharp, stinging pain of the black outline pen.




One of my reasons for deciding to have a tattoo on/around my ankle/lower leg is that it's hopefully going to be one of the last places that goes saggy/wrinkly/gains weight :P One of the downfalls is that the skin is VERY close to the bone and apparently, a million zappy nerve endings or something means much pain on and around the ankle.

As the gun repeatedly reverberated from my ankle bone, throughout my entire body, I resisted the urge to kick my pain-maker in the face (my foot helpfully pinned down by her boobs!). I felt like I could feel every line of the picture she was creating... it's an adrenaline-pumping, intense, almost thrilling experience. The blank space on your skin gradually develops into a picture.

I don't have loads of tattooed friends, but of those I do know, I am fascinated by their artwork and how they chose what to have inked permanently onto their skin; so personal and individual. A couple of my friends are very against (me having) tattoos; my husband doesn't fully understand, but respects my choice. The way I see it, life is short and tattoos are cool. Personally, I think they look best on smooth, toned skin... which I'm working on for myself :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment