Anila Kitteon

Anila Kitteon
Sniff the Daffs

Tuesday 29 September 2020

Covid - Wave II (actually nothing about C-19).

It's October in 2 days. 


The munchkin I look after turns 4yrs on 1st October. I wonder what her world will look like in 20, 30, 40yrs time.... I hope to know her for many of them.


 



Here is a leaf I caught, Katy Bowman stylie!
https://www.nutritiousmovement.com/






So the past week or so has been peppered with periods of training; some full days - on Zoom (the new normal way of the world - no time travelling movie predicted this.... or did they?), then at the weekend we were in the new pool/s.





I love the physical training; I was so fkn tired by Saturday night! We practiced rescues, situations, swam 400m in 10mins (7.39), retrieved bricks/mannikins from bottom of pool (13.5ft) and lots lots more.

That evening,HG and I walked and picked up Mexican Food. HG played Pokemon on the way home. We watched some telly and played a game of Magic the Gathering. Then I worked on my lesson plan for Sunday, which probably could've taken me 15mins but I procrastinate, dawdle and send people things they need to complete theirs!








My garden is doing well. I kinda ignore it this time of year; just water it if it doesn't rain for a few days. 
The Morning Glories are in full swing. But I'm bringing my marijuana plant in each night.






I am enjoying one day a week with the girly I nanny/care for. Her Mum was devastated when I said I wanted to cut down hours and focus on something else - lifeguarding/swim instruction, but she gets it and she loves me and I get to spend her birthday with girly this week so I'm excited about that!

I love to teach her (A) about life and nature and the world. I know she would/will be fine without my input; her family are so articulate and balanced with minumal screentime (like almost zero until Covid/Zoom school). But I love watching her grow & being a part of it (without full responsibility of another being).


I took her to a corn field recently, to show her how corn grows. I told her about how as children, on family walks, I would run with my cousins through the corn fields (alongside a path/trail) and my Uncle would sometimes shout, pretending to be a farmer telling us off. 😂 My younger cousins would be screaming and crying. 😆



I take her to the woods and the beach. 
We look around at bugs and leaves.
She's still annoyingly scared of spider webs though!

I gave her a t-shirt about a year & a half ago, which says
I Love Nature. 
And she does. It's getting tight on her but it's still true! 💚

   




I haven't been working out AS much, with 12hr shifts and whatevs but I'm not beating myself up about it! Fitting it in where I can. 





Even managed a wee lake swim (20℃ in the water).
The air was 7℃. It was deliciously therapeutic.

   



Autumn is upon us and I want to envelop all the sights, smells and feels 🍁🍂🍃


 




Our final Tuesday evening (Triathlon Club) bike ride. 


 
  

Until next time,
Be kind to each other ❤



👩



No comments:

Post a Comment