Anila Kitteon

Anila Kitteon
Sniff the Daffs

Saturday 2 March 2019

Motivation - Life After B.C

It's been a (hectic) few weeks. 

I've been listening to the audio book of You Are A Badass - How to stop doubting your greatness and start living an awesome life. I have missed it during the past few weeks so absorbed another dosage just now. I've also purchased Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert (and had The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle sent to a friend, recommended by another friend).

I am feeling drawn towards searching for and embracing my creativity... why am I here?
What am I destined to achieve? Leap out of my comfort zone and into the unknown... I just have to get my arse in gear. Take Action!

A friend (breast cancer survivor & mentor) recently heard me talking about the work I did in England in supporting parents and families. She told me that this was where my passion lies and that I'm starving the world of my useful skills (or words to that effect), if I don't put my energy into supporting others.

After the conversation, I felt driven. I came home and wrote a list!
I start to feel helpless, lost and overwhelmed but then I remember that I can do this.
I just need to take some steps.

So.
I'm intending to make contact with all the people I know locally - teachers, support workers, YMCA, Child Advocacy Centre, family centre, libraries, the police, Women's Shelter, Children's Aid, New Path, Family Connexions.

I don't actually have contacts at all of those places, but I know of more than I thought I knew!

This post was going to lead into talking about my radiotherapy experience, but I have just joined a couple of breast cancer support groups on FB and I'm more excited about my future at this point!

Here's to holding myself accountable! 👊

No comments:

Post a Comment