Anila Kitteon

Anila Kitteon
Sniff the Daffs

Saturday 9 March 2019

It's All About Timing

I just read my last post (Motivation: Life After B.C) and wanted to note that today I spoke to the mayor, who was behind me in the queue/line to pay for my panini today. I have met him a few times before - at an event at the fine dining restaurant I served at, and he also shook my hand, handed me a medal and had a photo taken with me after a charity 4km swim across Lake Couchiching in August 2017. Sun City Swim

I was actually signed up for, sponsored and very ready, training-wise, to swim the same charity swim in 2018, but I ended up having a lumpectomy (plus 3 lymph nodes), 2 days before the swim. Hmph. πŸ˜–πŸ˜†

Anyway, I spoke to the mayor - Steve Clarke, briefly, about my hopes to offer the town parenting support, and asked him where he would suggest I begin in addressing organisations. He advised that behind me was the lady who worked for victim support (however in my panini-purchasing distraction, I didn't end up speaking to her). Mr Clarke went on to say that if I called his office next week, they would give me a list of contacts. I mentioned the Child Advocacy Centre (whom I have volunteered for in the past and for whom the Sun City Swim raises money) and Big Brothers, Big Sisters - whom I have recently decided to become a mentor through... I dashed away and opened another sneaky page and just completed the volunteer application page! πŸ˜ƒ

I spoke briefly to the Mayor about my hair regrowth, following chemotherapy, and my journey. Another lady sitting nearby (it's a very cosy cafe πŸ˜‹) mentioned my hair too and both she and the mayor touched it (this may sound strange, but I mentioned how it was ridiculously soft and how I was making everyone touch it). I likes to share the love! 🌈 They both mentioned my attitude.

I have had lotsssss of peoles telling me what an inspiration I am etc etc.

It's such a funny feeling to be told that. Yet it's kind of something I've always wanted to be... so it's pretty cool that I can be it, just by being me. I just don't feel mad about cancer. But I have been lucky. However, I don't mind dying (obviously doing what I can to prevent it happening any time soon), I would just feel bad for those affected by it.

I know I'm rambling. It's also funny to me, that I keep sitting down to write about my radiotherapy experience and I'm now two blogs down, finished 20 treatments yesterday (International Women's Day woohoo!) and haven't described it yet.

I'm excited and want to really kick myself up the arse this year to actually grab life by the bollocks.

Kthxbai xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment